The City of Fayetteville is getting ready for its annual Fayetteville Beautiful 2021 community cleanup, and it needs YOUR help. See the release from the City of Fayetteville below for information on how you can get involved.
From the City of Fayetteville:
Public registration for the Fayetteville Beautiful 2021 community cleanup event begins soon. Fayetteville residents and non-residents can participate. The event is scheduled for Saturday, April 17. This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are changes. Participants and event organizers should wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Register online at fayettevillebeautiful.com. Scroll down to the active map, select a cleanup location and click “Register.”
- Past volunteers can register now.
- New volunteers can begin registration on March 26.
- Group representatives should include number of volunteers in the online form.
Day of the Event
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Participants should drive into the marked entrance at Hay Street and Hurley Way and proceed to receive trash bags, an event shirt, fliers and water. Organizers will distribute equipment to each driver. An organizer will confirm your cleanup location. Participants should stay inside their vehicles. Event organizers and participants should wear masks during the supply pick up and community cleanup event.
- After receiving equipment, participants should leave the drive-thru site and travel to the cleanup location(s).
- 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Citywide cleanup. Volunteers will pick up trash and waste from designated areas. Please follow the Governor’s Executive Orders and health-related guidelines listed here.
- Volunteers should place litterbags, with trash inside, on the side of the road or at intersections near cleanup areas.
- Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks and Recreation and City Public Services crews will pick up litterbags.